Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 26, 2011

the best part of my job...

lucky for me, when I go to work, I am able to witness the most precious gift that God can give.  the birth of a child.  to experience such an intimate and emotional time with my patients reminds me why I became an OB nurse.  it is truly an amazing experience each and every time.

it becomes even more amazing when I am able to care for someone I know.  recently, I was able to share, with a dear friend and co-worker, the birth of her child.  I feel so fortunate to know such a lovely family, and to have been there with them as they welcomed their second child into the world. 


anxiously awaiting...

they were not sure if they would be welcoming a baby boy or baby girl, but as soon as mom caught glimpse of those gender defining body parts, she started laughing, crying, "it's a boy, it's a boy,"  and continued laughing, and continued crying and it was perfect.



love at first sight...

so much emotion and love was in the room, you could feel it.  such a miraculous moment, seeing your baby for the first time. 


welcomed with many open arms, including the big brother...

and he too, felt love at first sight.  mom kept saying "you two are going to have so much fun" and big brother agreed.  dad was just smitten.



my friend, she is amazing.  wonderful wife and mother, caring nurse, a great friend, child of Christ, and did I mention she is amazing???  this little child weighed in at 10 pounds 14 ounces.  we were all shocked, mom laughed, and we all thanked god for his safe passage and just swooned over all his cuddly chub!





thanks friend, for letting me be a part of such a sentimental moment.

and thanks to the talented willow brandt photography for sharing this time as well, and capturing these beautiful memories. 

Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.
-Psalm 127:3


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...