Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 25, 2013

Snowed in...

I have been a mid-western girl my entire life.
However, in my 20 some years, I do not remember getting this much snow.
And I think I may have mentioned a few hundred several times,
that I strongly dislike snow period!

After a whopping 10 inches and just now getting the roads cleared, my little town is preparing for yet more snow!
Only this time they are saying 12 inches plus.

So, what does one do when they are snowed in?

You get together with your neighbors and drink adult beverages and let your kids play,
OK and maybe the adults too!!










We made snow tunnels, and igloos, and climbed snow mountains, and made snow angels. I the kids, had so much fun, but after being frozen like a Popsicle, were ready to come inside by the fire and thaw out.


Presley, and her best friends, all so cute in their footed Jammie's.

Another neighbor, shared the recipe with us for snow ice cream, and we had to give it a try!

Recipe:
5 cups clean snow
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk





As fun as it was, I am done!  Let's hope this next storm is the last one!

Ready for spring!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Are you ready for spring in KC yet? I am! Looks like you guys made the most of your snow days!

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...