Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

a place to get my craft on

My fantastic husband is getting me the best birthday present this year.
He is building me a craft room.

You'd think for someone who loves to craft and sew that I'd have a huge, dreamy space.
but the reality is I don't.

As a matter of fact, anytime I want to sew, I lug my sewing machine and serger downstairs,
and set up shop in our formal dining room.
and by the end of my sewing session, the room resembles that of a tornado.

As I plan and dream and try and figure out to use my space best, I am excited but also a little overwhelmed by it all.  {I don't like to make anything easy}
So if you are from HGTV and reading this, sure go ahead and come gift me my dream craft room.
My husband wouldn't mind a bit!

The most important part to planning my craft space is
O.R.G.A.N.I.Z.A.T.I.O.N {wow that took some thinking, shift + letter, then period, repeat}
right now, nothing is organized, and often when I do try and tidy up,
it takes me even longer to find what I am looking for.
I want every single thing to have a special place.

A cutting table is also necessary for this space, as well as, plenty of fabric storage.
and of course a desk, big enough for both my sewing machine and serger.
and an office section, where I can keep my computer and have a designated space to blog.

Another important touch, I want to have an area of Presley's craft supplies.  A shelf that is all hers.
Sometimes blogging and sewing and having a handmade shop can take away from time with her.
As much as I try not to, it happens.  But, if she can be alongside me, then it makes it better. 
Not to mention, she is getting to express herself creatively, and that's important to me.

So ya, the hubbs has his work cut out for him.  I am beyond lucky that he is a good DIYer and can make pretty much everything I want for this space.

Between planning and discussing and pinning, I am starting to get a vision and ready to get this project underway.

my craft room inspiration board
1.    2.   3.   4.   5.   6.   7.   8.   9.   10.


I am really excited about this project, and even more excited to have a place of my own.  One more step closer to my goals and dreams of this little hobby becoming a business.

Any advice or organization tips for a craft room are welcome.

Have a creative day lovelies!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see what you two come up with. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, hopefully we can pull it off.. and of course I will have to track it's progress!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...