Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 8, 2012

where'd the weekend go...?

It's Monday... everyone cheer!  ugh! not...
Monday's are never really enjoyable, and especially not after having
the busiest weekend ever...
maybe not ever but close!

I sound like I am complaining, but no not the case...
it was a rockin' good time, don't get me wrong
but it went way too fast, and now here I am staring Monday in the face! 

want a recap?  ok, since you asked, here it is...
I know I know, you're thrilled {as you should be}
I guess I should add, I have been such a slug lately and have not taken my camera out in months...
hence the less than stellar instagram photos...
I really should get my camera out.  I am going to do that when we are finished, k!

Friday night, kicked off the weekend with a little high school football.  my little brother plays and nothing is more exciting than cheering him on...  I usually yell too loud and lose my voice, and often times yell the cheers with the cheerleaders, which my husband thoroughly enjoys {what? some of them are the exact same ones I did when I was in high school}  I had hot chocolate and sang the wildcat fight song.. good times folks! fall was kind of stolen, and winter decided to show up.. I was not ready for gloves and coats but it happened.. presley, decided to take a nap instead of partake in the cheering.  {wish I could sleep like that, anytime, anywhere}

Saturday, we met up with some old friends and had the best time... we celebrated the homecoming of one special fella. so glad he is back home safe and sound after being deployed in Afghanistan over the last several months... everyone say "thanks"  Thanks... !

Sunday, who decided to do a huge family get together at NOON?  I literally woke up and ran all morning.. {I wish I could tell you I was actually running, like outside.. what's that} no, I was running all over my house like a flipping tornado trying to clean house and make food and turn on all my scenty's so any house guests would think I worked all day making pumpkin cinnamon rolls... {revealing my secrets here}  luckily, my little sister came over.  we like to bake together and she's a pretty dang good cook  We tried TWO new recipes that I had pinned a while ago.. the smores brownies {awesome} and the football shaped peanut butter cheese ball {holy smokes yumm-o}.  I was a little nervous about bringing a brand new recipe dish to a party, but I guess they were good because they were gone just about as fast as I could set them out. {no really, I almost got my finger bit, my family likes food, what can I say}.  We did the typical, everyone get your picture taken with grandma and grandpa, kind of stuff and lined up all the cousins that were in attendance.  that's always a joy when you have 100+ grand kids.. seriously, no joke! {I stopped counting} and luckily there were only about 30 of us there or we would have needed a major wide angle lens...

between parties, PJ spotted a cop car {seriously the kid can spot one a mile away, which is sometimes handy when I am going a little too fast on the highway, no I never speed, just kidding} she has a thing for cops and firefighters and happened to see one driving in the neighborhood.  she always waves huge at them and tells them thank you... well this cop had his windows down and overheard her cheering for him so he stopped to say hi!  she looked in his car and he turned on the lights.. I hope my neighbors didn't think I was getting arrested, wouldn't that be the talk of the town..

onto the next par-tay.  Sunday fun day...!  I am not a huge fan of football unless my little brother is playing, but I like the fun crowd that surrounds a day of football.. and a crowd it was!  we had a TON of fun, ate some ah-mazing food and drank a couple of adult beverages.. {just a couple, I swear}
all in all, a good weekend.. if I do say so myself...



 

 

 



 






this picture really doesn't belong, but I liked my outfit, k!
 
 
peace out, homies!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...