Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

lesson 7: shooting outdoors. featuring Forty Toes Photography

sorry this is late friends...  let's just call it a "series of events" that delayed this post.

shooting outdoors. such a broad topic and a vast background, and probably my favorite place to take pictures.  check out the content here

within my little biz, I have been so lucky to meet and work with some AMAZING photographers.. I am beyond excited to have Jenn with Forty Toes Photography here today to give us some helpful hints on shooting outdoors...

meet.Jenn.

tell us a little about yourself and how you came to love photography?
The GREATEST gift from my husband was on my 38th birthday! I didn't even know it at the time but he bought me a Nikon D40 which was a big deal because until then we only had the basic point and shoot camera. I was due with our fourth and last baby in April and he was hoping we would put it to good use. Little did I know that it would become a passion and a little side business for this SAHM!
I was already an ETSY addict at the time for my third child Stella Marie! After having 2 boys I LOVED finding the cutest handmade clothes on ETSY for her. I would post photos of her in her newest outfit on fan pages and my little business was born.
I kept getting emails from ETSY designers asking if I could shoot their up and coming designs and I was hooked.
I have spent the last year trying very hard to educated myself on the whole photography thing.
 
what keeps you inspired  or drives you to get those amazing shots?
My main model is my baby girl Stella Marie. I can't get enough of her. Every time I shoot a new design on her I just can't help but smile. She CRACKS me up with her little poses and most of the time she is singing as we shoot. I am always just so excited to get home and see just what we were able to catch for the day!



any advice to us rookie's who are just using a dslr camera for the first time?
I would say learn your camera settings. Oh my goodness,I have been so blessed with an AWMAZING mentor Willow from Willow's Photography. I can't tell you how many shoots I messed up this past year from lack of just knowing my camera settings. So take the time if you don't have a mentor or a class try and watch the DVD that comes with your camera or just google. I am always finding info just by googling it. 

any tips for shooting outdoors??
Since I am new to this whole photography thing I do not have a studio at this time and for me outdoors shooting just works for me. Most of the time I have the other three kids in tow while I am shooting Stella Marie in a commercial shoot. But I have learned to slow down and take the time to make sure I am not getting too much light or the shadows on the face. There is nothing worse than getting home and having the best picture ever but there is a shadow that you are unable to photoshop out. 

I am loving learning so much about my camera.  I hope you are too! 

thanks Jenn for stopping by... I would love to hear how you all are doing!  I know for sure I am feeling more comfortable with M and am getting faster at it. 

only a few more weeks left in our photography tutorials!  and then I have something extra special planned. I am so excited. Mum's the word for now!  let's keep practicing!

oh and if you haven't all ready.. enter this sweet giveaway. ends tonight!  good luck!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...